Thanks for the new Mazzy Star forum

Questions, problems or suggestions about this board

Re: Thanks for the new Mazzy Star forum

Postby MikeRMD » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi Hermesacat,

Sorry to read about your broken arm and bad experience with Sorcerer regarding the mazzystar.tk site. You and he, along with long-gone reimdon and some others, provided a lot of 'music for sharing'. I've always supported those artists that I may have bootlegs of and indeed have bought the new Mazzy Star CD.

Cheers,
Mike
MikeRMD

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:48 pm

As Mike suggests if one values a band's music lots, one should support them, & I buy Mazzy Star merch, vinyl releases, & CDs. I'm all for bootlegs though of live recordings or out-of-print singles, etc. It would be cruelty to fans to be denied the pleasure of hearing bootleg recordings!
Good to see that dedicated Mazzy Star researcher & Wikipedist homeostasis found his way here too.
Hermesacat

Postby MikeRMD » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:56 am

Hi all,

Obviously most entities want good Google billing. I never would have thought of searching for 'Mazzy Star free forum' as homestasis did and had been searching without the 'free' in there and was not finding this site. However as was said be patient and now this site is showing up when one searches for 'Mazzy Star forum'.

I have written before about my issues with 'officialdom'. Mostly it's because of possible restrictions on less than positive views of something or someone. HopeSandoval.com had options to give setlists and reviews of the HSATWI tour in 2009 for virtually every city but didn't have such an option for the Vancouver show which in my opinion was because they didn't want people writing about the poor attitude and woefully short setlist. I never signed up with them to post on their forum but on a technical note a casual user wouldn't even know they had such a thing because it wasn't listed on the home page. They've since removed it (due to spam i believe) but don't put any notice on the site to let people know that they did so and why. Hermesacat wrote about how Sorcerer was a less than optimal communicator with his mazzystar.tk site and i feel the same way about hopesandoval.com. Emma wrote that she was going to contact them about putting a link to this site or otherwise letting people know about this new forum but have checked and haven't seen any such. While i was searching online for a Mazzy Star forum i came across a post somewhere about a non-profit wanting to use 'Fade Into You' for some project. I can understand artists not wanting their songs to become associated with anything commerical but the major issue for the people who asked to use the song was the rudeness with which they were treated by Mazzy Star management. A polite "no thank you the artists do not like use of their songs for such" would suffice. Hope's collaboration with the Chemical Bros. was used in a PSA for Mothers Against Drunk Driving several years ago and it didn't impact my love for that song at all but it's the artist's decision. By the way i've always wondered that if a mother doesn't belong to MADD does that mean she's FOR drunk driving? (I am not trivializing drunk or reckless driving at all!)

Let's hope that with the better Google ranking and the upcoming tour that more fans will wend their way to this forum Emma has so thoughtfully created!

Cheers,
Mike
MikeRMD

Postby Emma » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Emma wrote that she was going to contact them about putting a link to this site or otherwise letting people know about this new forum but have checked and haven't seen any such.

Unfortunately, Colin has not replied to my email. I suppose his unresponsiveness means No.
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Yucef » Thu May 22, 2014 3:46 am

MikeRMD wrote:Hi all,

Let's hope that with the better Google ranking and the upcoming tour that more fans will wend their way to this forum Emma has so thoughtfully created!

Cheers,
Mike

Your wish has been rewarded :D here I am! :mrgreen:

I still remember the day I became a Mazzy Star fan (July 9 1994 around 9:30pm), can any of you guys say that?

Thanks Emma for creating the new forum (it was very sad to see they dug up the Boulevard).

Also I would like to suggest to add an Introduction thread so that folks can get to know eachother (if they don't already).

Let's have fun together and grow! :)

Joe
Yucef

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:09 am

Nice to see this forum, I found it while searching for new Bootlegs. Sorry about the forums I had up I went away for a bit and when I got back on it the server it was on deleted the files on me.

I was really planning on setting it back up but I didn't have the time so it never got reinstalled.

Emma if you need any help with anything here let me know, I know quite a bit about phpbb and web coding.

Sorcerer:-)
Sorcerer

Postby Emma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 am

Sorcerer wrote:Emma if you need any help with anything here let me know, I know quite a bit about phpbb and web coding.

Hi Sorcerer,

Thanks for offering your help. I appreciate it.
Luckily, I have been able to fix the minor issues that occurred since I started this site. Hopefully, it will continue running smoothly (fingers crossed ;) ).
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Emma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:59 am

Yucef wrote:Also I would like to suggest to add an Introduction thread so that folks can get to know eachother (if they don't already).

Let's have fun together and grow! :)Joe

Yucef, welcome to the board!
Feel free to start any MS-related thread you want, including an introduction thread.
Emma
Site Admin

Hello.

Postby graespace » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:37 am

hello all.
Enjoying this forum. A great link to boots and stuff i didnt know. Thanks.
Id love to know is Hope married? She wears a good ring stack on her wedding finger. But its impossible to find anything.
And if so, who is the lucky man.
Thanks
graespace

Re: Hello.

Postby Emma » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:41 pm

graespace wrote:hello all.
Enjoying this forum. A great link to boots and stuff i didnt know. Thanks.
Id love to know is Hope married? She wears a good ring stack on her wedding finger. But its impossible to find anything.
And if so, who is the lucky man.
Thanks

Hello graespace,

Check out the "Band's history, anecdotes, bios and trivia" thread. There's a post by Hermesacat on page 4 (Nov 9, 2017) that will probably answer your question.
Here's the thread, page 4:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23&start=30
Emma
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Questions/Suggestions