SECOND retail sale of David Roback's guitars,etc.collection

General discussion about Mazzy Star

SECOND retail sale of David Roback's guitars,etc.collection

Postby Hermesacat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:20 pm

I believe this sale only became public yesterday, and by next day this morning a lot of items have already sold.
https://www.brooklynvegan.com/david-rob ... -for-sale/
https://reverb.com/news/mazzy-stars-gea ... -on-reverb?

David's wife Hedi is quoted re. the sale in both articles.

The articles' links included to take you to the sale items pages didn't work for me. They took me to the Techno Empire store page but showed nothing and say "0 Listings".
I figured out it's 'cause I live in Canada and the retailer does not ship to Canada. But when I clicked on "All Filters" and changed the default showing "Ships to Canada" (which yields "0 listings") to "Ships to Continental U.S.", all the sale items appeared.

So, if others who live elsewhere than the U.S. are having the same problem with the Techno Empire page, you can try fixing it the way I did. I see a lot of items have been sold already. To see items already sold, click on "All Filters" and from the menu that appears scroll down to "Show Only : Sold Listings" and check the box next to "Sold Listings". All the sold items should then appear.

A lot of items have been sold already. To see items already sold, click on "All Filters" and from the menu that appears scroll down to "Show Only : Sold Listings" and check the box next to "Sold Listings". All the sold items should then appear.

Not all of David's instruments were included in this sale. Someone noted his Martin acoustics and black custom Gibson, among others, are not included,
Last edited by Hermesacat on Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Re: SECOND retail sale of David Roback's guitars, tc. collec

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:46 pm

A second SALE of approx. 100 more items of GEAR, including many guitars, from DAVID ROBACK'S COLLECTION at Techno Empire store, Hollywood (via Reverb site). A while back, the same store sold a large selection of items from David's collection. This is a new selection of items for sale from David's collection. The new sale started today, Nov. 9, 2021, at the same Reverb/Techno Empire store. This follows the earlier sale mentioned above from September.

It looks like the new items went on sale there today at 8 a.m., Nov. 9.

Last night, a Facebook Group member found and posted a link to Techno Empire store's Instagram post announcing the new sale.

That Instagram post says approx. 100 new items from David's collection will go on sale QUOTE: "@Reverb at 8am Pacific Time Nov 8 (Tomorrow!)" But "Nov. 8" must be a typo, and TODAY, NOV. 9 is when the new items go on sale. I couldn't see the new items listed there until just now (earlier, I saw just 15 old Roback items, apparently items left over from the same store's earlier sale of stuff from David's collection).

Now, after 8 a.m. Nov. 9, I see the newly listed stuff, including lots of guitars. Tip: if you don't live in the U.S., the store site may show you "zero" items for sale under a "David Roback" search. You may have to click on "Filters" and select "Ships to: Continental U.S.". Then you should see all the items listed. It's 'cause the store apparently only ships within the U.S., so if you live outside, it shows "zero" items are available to you. You need to select for "Continental U.S."

Also, if you want to view items from the sale already sold, click on "Filters" and scroll down and check the box for "Show only : Sold listings." Otherwise, you won't get to see items that were in the sale but have already been sold. "Sold" listings for "David Roback" I believe will show items sold from both the earlier sale and this new sale of newly listed items.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=da ... _to=US_CON

Here's Reverb/Techno Empire store's Instagram post FB Group member Johnny Loera found, announcing the new sale:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWB2axMhQ08 ... X3TbtoJ0gQ
Hermesacat

Return to General Discussion