Introduction

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Introduction

Postby 1812Rev » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Just a quick message to introduce myself.

Only been a Mazzy Star/Hope Sandoval fan since early last year and that is despite the fact they were first around when I was starting to get into music in the early to mid 90's. I'm kicking myself at how I missed them but to be fair to myself, my tastes in my youth was awful. Still, I have managed to put together a proud collection of Hope Sandoval related music and I'm well and truly a fan for the rest of my life.

I have really enjoyed learning about her back history and that of David Roback and all the bands they ever played in or formed, really interesting history.

Anyway, I shall hopefully put my two pence worth in from time to time and be keeping my fingers crossed that if they ever come to the UK again...I'll be ready and waiting to pounce on some tickets.
1812Rev

Re: Introduction

Postby Hermesacat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:35 am

Thanks for your comment. You'll find it's mostly very quiet at this site nowadays.
There is another quite active fan site though. It's this FB fan Group with 3,600+ members:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/6071129794/
Compared to this site, it's hoppin' with fan activity.

I'm glad webmaster Emma here at mazzystar.free.fr keeps this site going though because this site is ideal
for archiving and organizing contents, such as interviews threads, live recordings etc. The FB group is not nearly as useful as an information resource. The FB group great for discussion, current news, etc. though. Also, many people avoid FB for perhaps good reason, so it's helpful to have this site as an alternative to FB.
Hermesacat

Re: Introduction

Postby Homeostasis » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:01 pm

I'd also like to extend my thanks to Emma for creating this forum. My online activity in general has taken quite a nosedive these past few years, but it's amazing that you and Hermescat have been able to create so many archives for everything Mazzy/Hope-related. I swear, one day I'll have the time to mine every bit of information you've both posted here (the old and new interviews, and everything else) and expand Hope's, David's, Colm's and everyone else's (as well as Mazzy Star's) Wikipedia articles.

Plus, there's the added benefit that simply reading/posting to this site doesn't require you to hand over all your personal data to this creep. So that's a huge plus. :D
Homeostasis

Return to General Discussion