Mazzy Star - 2019 LIVE SHOWS,3 IN CA,1 IN MEXICO, Feb.-Mar.

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: Mazzy Star - 2019 LIVE SHOWS,3 IN CA,1 IN MEX announced

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:25 am

Thanks Emma for updating these recent Mazzy Star shows here. As you know, I've been kept busy updating at the FB group, so I'm glad you've been able to update here. Did you say in an earlier post in this thread you are back visiting the FB group again? I remember you said FB had cancelled the account you were using before 'cause they thought it was a "bogus" account. As I recall, I think you used a song title for your FB name. Maybe they didn't approve of that! if you're back in the group, what's your name there, if I can ask?

By luck, photos of printed set lists from all four shows have turned up. Emma has posted two here. i'll post the other two. I wish we had as many recordings of shows as set lists. I do have a good quality recording of the whole Oakland set I obtained via the dimeadozen site I'll share here soon. Someone in the FB group recorded much, if not all of the same show and posted it to youtube partly as single song videos and partly as audio-only. Aside from short videos that have turned up from the other shows (some are of full songs), I don't know of any recordings that are full-shows, just the Oakland one, so far.

Turns out the song "Still" was definitely not played in Oakland (or any other show). It's a mystery how several different people who attended all imagined they'd heard a song played by the band that ,in fact,was not played.

This hasn't been mentioned in the FB group yet, although I will mention it there soon. But at the Mexico show, David reportedly became ill in some way while on stage and the set was cut short by 10 minutes, the last two songs listed on the set list not getting played. His guitar playing sounded off on a few songs. During the last song they played, "So Tonight That I Might See," he stopped playing altogether long before the song was over, and just sat on his stool. One report said he passed out. Two people had to help him off the stage. Hopefully, it was something minor and temporary. One person suggested it could be altitude sickness, as Mexico City's high altitude can make some people ill.
Last edited by Hermesacat on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Re: Mazzy Star - 2019 LIVE SHOWS,3 IN CA,1 IN MEX announced

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:40 am

Here's a photo of the printed Set List from Mazzy Star's 2019-02-24 Oakland show. FB Group member Rachel LeRoy posted it to the group. She's connected to one of the band members which is how she obtained it. She confirmed the consensus that though "Into Dust" is on the list, it did not get played. She also weighed in on the "Still" song debate and said it was not played.

And below is a set list collected from Mazzy Star's first of two Feb. L.A. shows at Immanuel Church, Feb. 26, 2019.
It's autographed by Suki and someone else in the band but I'm not sure who. The ticket that's in the pic was signed by Hope outside the venue. The same fan managed to snag set lists two nights in a row at the L.A. shows, including the one signed by Sylvia Gomez Emma posted earlier. She's Jil del Toro, a FB group member. I asked her about her good luck in successfully grabbing set lists from both shows. She replied something to the effect that she has, over years of show attending, perfected methods of maximizing chances of obtaining set lists and drum sticks as souvenirs! She didn't divulge her secrets though.

Hermesacat

Re: Mazzy Star - 2019 LIVE SHOWS,3 IN CA,1 IN MEXICO, Feb.-M

Postby Hermesacat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 pm

In the bootlegs list thread at this site I've newly listed an excellent quality audio recording of Mazzy Star's 2019-02-24 Oakland, CA show. I've also put the whole show on my Hermeacat youtube channel, here:
https://youtu.be/lT8_FvV30to
And have so far upped individually one song from it, "Quiet, The Winter Harbor":
https://youtu.be/71yx6Khyt5U

Thanks go to Dimeadozen site members Zongo for attending and recording the Oakland show, and to kneesfudd for his EQ work on it and for sharing it via Dime.
Hermesacat

Previous

Return to General Discussion