2017 LIVE GIGS: HS&TWI,+Mazzy Star,+Hope w. Acetone,+PHOTOS

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: Hope Sandoval&TWI's TOUR,2017,TEN Oct. Shows+ONE Nov. sh

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:33 am

This was a post-tour appearance by Hope at an Acetone reunion show 2017-11-15 at Zebulon Cafe, L.A.
Someone from the FB fan Group who attended said Hope was on stage for about 20 minutes and sang a number of Acetone songs, including "Louise," the Acetone song she did such a beautiful version of in her 2002 tour sets.
I made a new yt upload of two video snippets (from "Louise" and one other song a youtuber ID-ed as "Always Late"), + photos, all found at Instagram: Late edit/update: This new upload has 8 video clips rom 3 songs + more photos]:
https://youtu.be/j2gqJYwulLM
The first photo below is by Luz Gallardo. The others are form various IG users.
Image]
Last edited by Hermesacat on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hermesacat

Postby Emma » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Hermesacat wrote: Iwondered how drugstore knew the guy in the DC pic next to Hope is Colin because the photo is uncaptioned at hopesandoval.com.

I think drugstore attended the DC show and stayed outside the venue to chat with fans and Hope's crew. She might have met Colin there.
Hermesacat wrote:
Emma: What happened to your FB account I knew from the FB Group, I wonder? You used to be on my "Friends" list, but I don't see you there now, and can't find your account when I search the group. Is that account gone?

Sadly, FB deleted it a few months ago after accusing me of using a dummy identity :evil: :roll:

Hermesacat wrote:
Glenn, the main administrator (founder) at the FB fan Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/6071129794/ asked me today to become a co-administrator at that Group.

Congratulations on your new superpowers at the FB fan group. Well deserved! :)

Hermesacat wrote:
This was a post-tour appearance by Hope at an Acetone reunion show 2017-11-15 at Zebulon Cafe, L.A.

Brooklynvegan posted a short article about Hope's show with Acetone. Someone posted this setlist in the comments section:
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/hope-sando ... -15-years/
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Hermesacat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Emma: Thanks for the info. and the set list photo.
A youtuber in comments ID-ed the song "Always Late" we have a video clip of of Hope singing with Acetone. " So, presumably Hope also sang "Pinch," the song shown in between those two on the set list. I wonder if she sang any others from the list-? Still no audio recording of the show has turned up that I've heard of. I wish some people using their phones to take pictures had used their phones to record the audio instead!

Emma: FB reportedly will delete accounts with names it decides are not likely names of people. I guess that's what they decided about yours. Why not open a new account with a new name that's a more plausible one for a person, even if it's not your own name? (My own FB last name "Bee" is not my real surname, but I guess it sounds plausible enough to FB!). Then you could re-join the FB fan group.
Hermesacat

Re: Hope Sandoval&TWI's TOUR,OCT.2017+Hope w.Acetone 2017-11

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:35 am

Here's a re-upped, improved version of my yt upload of video clips & pics from the 2017-11-15 Acetone gig where Hope sang.
The guy who upped that pic of the set list Emma found in the Brooklyn Vegan article's comments section replied to a question I asked him. He says Hope sang 4 songs, #8 to #11 on the set list: "C'mon," "Always Late," "Pinch," and "Louise." I've found 8 short video clips at IG so far. I've upped them + photos in one yt upload, here: https://youtu.be/j2gqJYwulLM
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:35 am

A youtuber left a comment at my first upload of Acetone gig video clips where I'd asked for audio recordings of the show. He says he has a 90 minute audio recording of the show he will share. He says he will "get it out there" once he's "sorted it out." It's not a sure thing yet, but it sounds encouraging! I'm sure I'm not the only fan who wants to hear all four Acetone songs Hope sang, complete. Bring it!
Hermesacat

Postby Emma » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 pm

This is what Hope said in the WBUR radio interview:
We’re focused on [this] tour. We’re just doing a very small benefit for Esperanza Spalding [her Keys to Wellness Concert Nov. 22] in San Francisco. I think we’ll be on stage 15 minutes.”

I wonder if they'll play something different... Maybe acoustic versions or something a bit different from what they did at the regular shows of their tour.
Is anyone planning to attend this short performance?

(Later edit: The correct date of the show is Nov. 30, not Nov. 22 and the show is taking place at Clinic Esperanza, not at an Esperanza Spalding concert.)
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:08 am

Emma: Thanks for finding out more about that benefit. I couldn't find its date or any details about it when I looked before. Hopefully some one here or from the FB Group will attend, and better yet record Hope's set. I just posted to the FB Group about it, saying I'd found out the date from you.

The guy, Jim, who has the Acetone with Hope show recording followed up via email and sounds happy to share his recording. He intends to burn a copy to a CDR and mail it to me. I'm more optimistic now we may get a chance to hear this unique show!
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:53 am

Later update: Someone knowledgeable about it (she knows someone involved with the clinic the benefit is for) replied to my post at the FB Group re. the upcoming benefit show, and it turns out it will be a MAZZY STAR set, NOT a HS&TWI set! And is on Nov. 30, not the 22nd, QUOTE:
<<(from) Beth Anne Denford-Wright: This Event is on November 30th, not the 22nd. "Join Clínica Esperanza on the eve of World AIDS Day for a night of remembrance and celebration. Handmade masks created by patients, staff, and community members will be on display and available for purchase. Appetizers and drinks will be served. We are thrilled to announce an intimate performance by Mazzy Star.>>
-I asked her to confirm it's Mazzy Star, not HS&TWI, and she confirmed it's Mazzy Star. She also posted the poster for the event. As the ad Beth Anne posted states, the event is November 30, Thursday, 6 - 9 p.m. at Terra Gallery, 511 Harrison St., and is Free of Cost [best to queue up early, I'd think].
MEOWZA.
Hermesacat

Postby Emma » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Thanks for correcting the date. I think the event name is inaccurate too (Clinic Esperanza's Annual Mask Exhibit instead of Esperanza Spalding's concert). :?
I should have checked the information of the WBUR article before quoting it.
And I didn't realise it was a Mazzy Star concert when I read the article... :o So unexpected... but very exciting!
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:40 pm

Yes, it' s a welcome surprise it's a Mazzy Star show, not HS&TWI as the WBUR article seemed to suggest. Maybe the original idea was for a HS&TWI set, but it morphed into the idea of a Mazzy show instead-? Too bad that WBUR article has bad info re. the name of the benefit - which has nothing to do with a person named Esperanza Spalding, contrary to the article's claims. Oddly, the Esperanza Spalding error is presented there as a direct quote from Hope. But would she make such an error? Maybe the journalist got it wrong and mis-quoted her. He did get wrong three other facts he wrote there. Sloppy research & fact checking!
Here's the FB post from the Esperanza Clinic's site the FB fan Group member quoted from: https://www.facebook.com/events/197316250812297/
I'm trying to encourage anyone able to attend to make an audio recording of the show. The guy who recorded the Berkeley show and shared it, Tom Scanlan, says he might be able to attend & record. I hope he or someone does!
Hermesacat

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion