2017 LIVE GIGS: HS&TWI,+Mazzy Star,+Hope w. Acetone,+PHOTOS

General discussion about Mazzy Star

2017 LIVE GIGS: HS&TWI,+Mazzy Star,+Hope w. Acetone,+PHOTOS

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:04 pm

Catching up on news after being offline & out of cell phone tower range camping/canoeing in the wilds for 10 days... (Bet Hope would have enjoyed it where I was since she's said she's a big fan of being around water [also evident in her song lyrics] & likes the outdoors. So, I shall take this opportunity now to offer an open invitation to Hope to feel welcome to join me on any future canoe trips! Ha ha).

Silliness aside, I came across this BIG NEWS re. a likely Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions TOUR in the fall. One announced show is in the news already,& it seems highly unlikely it's just a one-off gig. Presumably, it will be one show of a whole tour, with more dates still to be announced. It's at Sonoma, California, Oct. 8, 2017. It's more than a rumour or tentative date as Ticketfly says General Admission tickets went on sale as of June 12!

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event ... um=1165000

(((folkYEAH!))) & Gundlach Bundschu Present
Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions
Sunday Oct 8, 2017
Gundlach Bundschu Winery
2000 Denmark St.
Sonoma, CA
:In The Historic Redwood Barn::
Doors: 6:00 PM
Show: 7:00 PM (ends at 11:00 PM)
All Ages
$36 General Admission
Last edited by Hermesacat on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Hermesacat

Re: Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions TOUR, 2017

Postby Malavita » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:15 am

Holy cow, checked out the Gundlach Bundschu Winery website - that looks like it would be quite a cool setting! With the Joshua Tree date now as well, a tour does seem to be materializing. They should come to Arizona, it's not so far.
Malavita

Postby Hermesacat » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Malavita: Yes, the winery looks appealing. And I see from google search the "historic redwood barn" venue at the winery is a 70 year genuine barn (painted red)! To re-quote something I posted to the FB fan Group: Seems appropriate wine-head Hope would eventually end up playing a gig at a winery!

I posted links to to the second announced gig you mention (at Joshua Tree) to the FB Group yesterday:
https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/d ... ndoval-umo
http://desertdaze.org
Last edited by Hermesacat on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm

I asked Desert Daze via twitter what day Hope & co. play, and if schedules are available. They replied, QUOTE: "We'll be releasing the daily lineups on August 1st. Keep an eye out."
-Their tickets page shows that currently only full festival passes are being sold but that "Single day tix coming soon". Maybe "soon" means Aug. 1 when their daily schedules come out.
http://desertdaze.org/tickets/
Hermesacat

Re: Hope Sandoval&The Warm Inventions TOUR,2017,NINE Oct. Sh

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:00 am

TEN October shows announced now for Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions' 2017 TOUR! (Odd that tour news hasn't been posted to HS&TWI's official FB page yet). Maybe more shows are still to be announced. Hey, and Seattle's one of the lucky ten show locales, a show a few hours drive away I can fairly easily attend. They're playing the same theatre there I saw Mazzy Star play in 2013, The Neptune. As I did with the Mazzy 2013 Seattle show, I'll try to make an audio recording if I attend & will share a download link for it here. Others who attend shows who are able to make recordings to share, please do!
................................................................................
http://pitchfork.com/news/hope-sandoval ... unce-tour/
[text of Pitchfork's article]:
Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions Announce Tour
They'll be joined by Mariee Sioux, Daydream Machine, and Peaking Lights
Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions—the outfit featuring Mazzy Star’s Hope Sandoval and My Bloody Valentine’s Colm Ó Cíósóig—will be hitting the road this fall for a U.S. tour. Mariee Sioux, Daydream Machine, and Peaking Lights will be joining the band on select dates. The tour follows Sandoval and Cíósóig’s 2016 album Until the Hunter, which they released through Sandoval’s label Tendril Tales. The LP featured Dirt Blue Gene, Mariee Sioux, and Kurt Vile. It was their first release since 2009’s Through the Devil Softly. Check out their October dates below.
Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions:
10-08 Sonoma, CA - Gundlach Bundschu Winery: Old Redwood Barn
10-10 Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom
10-11 Seattle, WA - Neptune
10-13 Berkeley, CA - The UC Theatre
10-14 Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda Theatre
10-15 Joshua Tree, CA - Desert Daze Festival at Joshua Tree Retreat Center
10-18 Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
10-19 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
10-21 Boston, MA - Royale
10-22 Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Steel
Last edited by Hermesacat on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Re: Hope Sandoval&The Warm Inventions TOUR,2017,TEN Oct. Sho

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:43 am

The Brooklyn Vegan site's announcement of the 10-show Hope S&TWI tour includes this nice looking tour poster.
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/hope-sando ... mobile_top

The photo of Hope on the new 2017 tour poster made me wonder, among other things, why her eyes are mysteriously obscured in it though she's facing the camera. Then I looked at some of her cowboy hat publicity photos that came out around 2013 accompanying press for Mazzy Star's comeback album and 2013 tour, and found a photo evidently from the same photo shoot (by ace photographer Ms. Luz Gallardo), shot from approx. the same angle, apparently showing the same background body of water with far shore hill, and with the same shadow cast by the hat obscuring Hope's eyes - just like in the 2017 tour poster.

Besides making the poster pic (one I'd not seen before) black & white and reversing those colours to make it resemble a pre-digital-age photo negative, it looks like the far shore hill has been reduced in height for the poster. Now, if someone could just identify the likely location (Hope lives in the San Francisco Bay area. Could it be a pic from there somewhere?), that would solve another mystery of the photo!

Last edited by Hermesacat on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:20 pm

A number of venues (Seattle's, Philly's, Berkeley's, & Portland's) have announced via tweets and other posts that tickets for their shows will go on sale starting Friday, June 23 at 10 a.m. Others may follow suit.
Hermesacat

Postby drugstore » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:59 am

It is sad to me that no midwestern city is on the list. :cry:
drugstore

Postby Hermesacat » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Hey drugstore:
Good to see you back posting at the site. Yes, I imagine Hope & co. are leaving an awful lot of fans disappointed since their tour includes only ten U.S. cities with whole regions left out. Too bad they're not coming near you. I just feel lucky they seem to like playing the west coast as far north as Seattle,just a few hours drive away for me.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:47 pm

A more up to date version of the Desert Daze poster as of Aug. 1, 2017 after Iggy Pop was added as new headliner & some others were added to the lineup. Glad to see Hope & co. remain featured prominently near the top!
Last edited by Hermesacat on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Next

Return to General Discussion