The Warm Inventions - Until the Hunter: November 4

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: The Warm Inventions - Until the Hunter: November 4

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Homeostasis: Thanks for the updates you found. Glad we're going to get lots of music on this album, and extended songs too. "The Hiking Song" does sound more plausible than "The Hiking Sea."

Check your messages at your Inbox here. I sent you a message re. an Irish community radio host named Eamonn Sheehy who wants help putting together a 1-hour radio show retrospective/history on Mazzy Star, and I thought you might possibly be a go-to guy for such a project.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:37 pm

FB fan group member Dylan Parks today posted a youtube upload of a song from the forthcoming Until The Hunter album. The song is "A Wonderful Seed"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9HUEh ... ture=share
The above yt upload is actually unavailable to me in Canada, but I found a music site with an embedded Spotify stream of the song which works for me, here:
http://www.thebluegrasssituation.com/re ... erful-seed
Pleasant song.

Dylan mentioned that the song also comes as a preview download available to those who pre-order the album from iTunes.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:20 pm

NPR is streaming the new album in its entirety here:
http://www.npr.org/series/98679384/first-listen
Too bad I can't hear it myself (in Canada), being informed by NPR that "audio is unavailable in your region."
Hermesacat

Postby Emma » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Hermesacat,
Thank you for sharing the link. Sadly, I couldn't access it either but I found
this other link.
It works for me and it may also work for those who are outside the United States.
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:01 am

Emma:
Thanks for finding and sharing the French site's album stream.And it works in Canada too! Just starting to listen now. Btw, great to see our webmaster back posting here again.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:08 am

Here's a Nov. 1, 2016 post I'm pretty sure was made by Hope herself (with cat-themed message!) to the evidently official HS&TWI FB site, here:
https://www.facebook.com/HopeSandovalWarmInventions/
Last edited by Hermesacat on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 am

Don't know how happy other fans here are with the new album, but I'm not disappointed. I could change my mind on this, but it may be my fave HS&TWI album yet just 'cause I'm finding it so listenable. From the reviews I've happened upon so far, music journalists seem to be liking it too, giving it good reviews. As is usual for me with Hope & Mazzy albums, it's hard to pick particular fave songs, as so many of them appeal so much. Just to be contradictory, I may have a fave Hope album by now (or at least for now) though (Until the Hunter)! It doesn't have my fave album cover. That jellyfish is an odd and unappealing choice of images, imo. I like the
"Through the Devil..." cover best. There's something striking about it.

Slightly off-topic interesting factoid: It seems Hope has done not just the two collabs we already know of with Massive Attack. In one of Hope's recent interviews (one she & Colm did for a Spanish language site), she says she's actually written many songs with Massive Attack, apparently so many, she's lost count! It would be nice to hear a whole album's worth of Hope-Massive Attack songs, but who knows if many, or even any of those unreleased songs will ever get released? I say, bring 'em (please)!
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:50 pm

The more I've heard the 1-min.+ song snippet "I Like Your Blouse," the more I've liked it. It's disappointing it wasn't included on the Until the Hunter album and hasn't appeared as a full-length song. So, I made an edit of the audio track, extending it to 2-mins.+ so it's more like a full-length song, and I think it turned out okay. It's at youtube, here: https://youtu.be/2e9U7uAxmQQ

It was originally a short song snippet of a little over 1 minute long that was the soundtrack for a video of equal brevity uploaded to a mysterious, but apparently official, site of Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions, tendriltales.com . It was Homeostasis who first found the video at that site and posted about it in this forum in early August, 2016. It's still viewable at tendriltales.com, last I checked. Tendril Tales is the name of Hope's own indie label. Hope fan Dylan Parks, a member of the popular Facebook fan group, re-upped the 1-min.+ video to youtube, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Yf8Dr34jw

The guitar, Hope's vocal melodies, and the multiple voices are so beautifully atmospheric.
So, I decided to try extending the track by repeating the snippet, removing the fade out of "I Like Your Blouse" on the first go round, and repeating the snippet, keeping the fade out for the second go round, to see if I could make an audio file of it that sounds more like a complete song.

The youtube upload's the result of my desire to hear a full-length version of the song. It's not the real thing, and is not officially sanctioned (but hopefully is deemed semi-forgivable by the song's creators). Hopefully, the audio's a small improvement over the all-too-short original song snippet...Better yet would be Hope & Colm putting the song out complete as a single! It would be a beauty.

Thumbs up votes on it are coming quicker than usual from viewers of the upload at youtube, so people seem to be liking it.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:49 pm

A short video was posted to HS&TWI's official FB site on Nov. 4 of the band rehearsing in the Martello tower (19th century fort) in Ireland, along with this note, QUOTE: "A Warm Inventions Rehearsal - The new record is out today. Thanks for all your support lovelies!
https://www.facebook.com/HopeSandovalWa ... 815466713/
Hermesacat

Postby Homeostasis » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:07 pm

Until the Hunter on Billboard Charts:

Top Alternative Albums #14
Independent Albums #14
Top Heatseekers Albums #2
Top Rock Albums #25
Top Tastemaker Albums #4

Sales of 2,610.
Homeostasis