Hope Sandoval&TWI - New Album 2016,new singles April,SEPT.

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Hope Sandoval&TWI - New Album 2016,new singles April,SEPT.

Postby Hermesacat » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:26 pm

A few music sites have posted listings of ("rumoured", i.e. unconfirmed) upcoming Record Store Day (April 16, 2016) vinyl exclusives, including this piece of good news:

"Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions – "Isn't It True" [7"] (Red Vinyl, new song off upcoming album, plus exclusive b-side track, numbered, indie-retail exclusive)"
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/is_this ... exclusives

So, it may be a scenario (for maybe another long while) of "goodbye Mazzy Star, hello again Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions!" With luck, Hope will tour this year along with her new album release.

Thanks go to Mark Blair, member of Facebook fan group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/6071129794/
for first posting this news.

(This post should pehaps be put in the "Solo Projects & Collaborations" section instead, but that section's been so little used, people may miss the news if it's only posted there, so I'll put it here too)
Last edited by Hermesacat on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hermesacat

Re: Hope Sandoval & T.W.I. - New Album 2016, & new single Ap

Postby MikeRMD » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:38 am

Hi all, (and especially Bob who keeps us up to date on things)

More at a future time but Hope's official site does not even have this news. They were always a step behind at the best of times but there hasn't been anything there in almost 2 years. I wouldn't get hopes up for an album this year even with the single looking like a firm release as MS released a single and then the album came out a year or so later (if my memory serves). We shall see.

Cheers,
Mike
MikeRMD

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Good to see you back here Mike. Since Hope has been much better than David at releasing recordings (collaborations, & solo albums & EPs in the last 15 years) it might be David who has been most resistant to signing off on new Mazzy Star releases. Hope seems more oriented to releasing stuff, so I like to think she'll want to make sure the new album reported in the news does get released soon. We can hope.

As you say, hopesandoval.com's webmaster, Colin, really is a foot-dragger, & so uncommitted to updating the site, and has been so for years. I noticed there recently that in a Mazzy Star section he's STILL citing long defunct site Mazzy Star Boulevard as the one go-to site for Mazzy Star content, and he's NOT referring to the archived version of it that's findable. He offers a dead link. Worse, he hasn't even gotten around yet to acknowledging Mazzy Star's OFFICIAL Facebook page that's been around for over 2.5 years and has over 250,000 followers.I've said it before & will repeat: Hope needs a new webmaster to operate her site. The current one's a sad joke.
-Bob
Last edited by Hermesacat on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Postby Malavita » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:13 am

A little confirmation that something is coming...

http://www.banquetrecords.com/RSd16HSTWI
Malavita

Postby Hermesacat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:00 am

Malavita: Thanks for posting confirmation Hope's single is coming on Record Store Day. I see it even has a catalog number, and must be real!
Hermesacat

Postby Malavita » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:09 pm

thank you hermesacat! you are such a great resource.
Malavita

Postby Emma » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Hermesacat and Malavita,

Thanks for the info. This is great news. I am surprised (and pleased) to hear that Hope and The Warm Inventions are releasing new songs "only" three years after Mazzy Star's last album. I'm looking forward to this new release.
Will the "Isn't It True" EP include the "mysterious" Season's Greetings song? :)
Emma
Site Admin

Postby MikeRMD » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:12 am

Hi all,

I notice that the upcoming HS&TWI single (and possibly album as well) is being released on Banquet Records and wonder why it is not being done on MS's own Rhymes Of An Hour label. I'm not presuming any discord between Hope/Colm and David but do wonder why. The MS tour of 2013 did not last long and there was some talk of a 2014 European tour but the latter may have just been wishful thinking but ~18 dates worldwide for a tour is very small (I realize they played a few festivals a year or so previous to the 2013 tour so maybe a max of 25 live shows overall). Maybe being together that amount of time was more than enough for them to decide that they fare better apart. If so it's too bad but being around someone whom you don't wish to be is not fun and most of us have gone through this and don't wish for it. Again just wondering.

Regards,
Mike
MikeRMD

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:50 am

Mike:
According to their Facebook page, Banquet Records isn't a label, but a "Music Store & Concert Venue" in the UK. I think they're just one of many retailers participating in Record Store Day, but are quicker than most in listing their RSD releases online. The catalog # for the new single starts with "RSd". so its a Record Store Day #, not a Banquet Records #.

Remember, the last HS&TWI album was released on (Vancouver's own) Nettwerk label. It's possible she's still under contract with them, or has re-signed with them, for HS&TWI releases. Rhymes of an Hour might be intended for Mazzy Star releases, not HS&TWI releases.

In 2013 interviews, H. & D. said they never stopped working together or hanging out together. It just appeared that way to the public 'cause for years,publicly, they stayed invisible as partners. But they were always quietly making lots of music for themselves, they say. David said they virtually always work on songs when they find time together, and have done so for years. They both live part time in London. So, there's no reason to think they're "separating". But as Mazzy Star they may go under the radar again while publicly Hope does HS&TWI stuff for a while, maybe another long while!
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:50 am

Someone at the FB Group named Travis Gauthier found & posted the sleeve art design for Hope's forthcoming new single. Then David Morgan found & posted a higher res version & discovered the B-side song is "She’s in the Wall." The single is listed as being on Tendril Tales Records, catalod #TT01, so maybe HS&TWI have left Nettwerk Records by now.
http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8499
Hermesacat

Next

Return to General Discussion