New Live Album

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: New Live Album

Postby Emma » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:40 pm

MikeRMD wrote:The major error was that Wasted was listed when the actual song was Hair and Skin. Based on the fact that all the listings seemed to have the exact same errors I came to believe that the original CD's track listing was in error but I have no way to confirm this. Someone uploaded the supposed 'Wasted' track from 'The Black Sessions' to YouTube as 'Wasted' and a couple of people left comments that that was in error but it's never been corrected.

I think the "Wasted" mistake was originally made by the Black Sessions' radio host, Bernard Lenoir. He made a few comments on air between songs and at the end of Hair & Skin, he announced that the song was called "Wasted". The mistake was then repeated on the radio station's web site where the Black Sessions set lists were posted.

MikeRMD wrote:Some other tracks I thought of are: Tell Me Now, Under My Car, and Had A Thought which are either from EP's or a Batman soundtrack.

I'd add Tell Your Honey to your list. I think it was released on the Flowers in December EP.

Hermesacat wrote:The penalty period prompted by Neil Young's company's claim against my original yt upload of Mazzy Star's Bridge School Benefit video (which yt removed from my main Channel in June 2014) expires in a week & a half.

Mazzy Star's Bridge School Benefit video is now available as an an official stream on Alternative on MV's YT channel. This may explain why your video was put down by the YT police last year. :?
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:18 am

Re. Emma's comment, the reason my Mazzy Star Bridge School Benefit video upload got forcibly removed from yt last summer seems to have had to do with me being caught in the middle between competing copyright claimants. It was a company owned by Neil Young - easy to figure that out as his nickname's part of the company's name - that made the complaint against me, & had the video taken down after it had been up 1.5 years already, & was generating ad revenue for other copyright holders

The current "official" video now findable on yt, as Emma mentions, was uploaded by the Music Vault, a.k.a. Wolfgang's Music Vault. It's their site where I first found the video online. I DL-ed it from there & re-upped it to yt. But it's not them that complained. When I first upped it some years back, youtube's computers scanned it, as they do nowadays, & ascertained who the copyright holders were, & ads beyond my control started to appear on the video that benefitted me not at all (which is fine by me) but generated ad revenue for copyright holders, which presumably included the band.

I get to see a list of the copyright holders, though the lists can be confusing as they often use ultra-short abbreviations I don't understand instead of full company names. I never see "Roback/Sandoval" listed, but I'm sure that's only because an intermediary company representing them collects revenue on their behalf. Anyway, I'm pretty sure Wolfgang's Vault or Music Vault was listed as one of the copyright holders from the start, which meant they were happy enough with my uploading their video to tolerate its presence on yt & enjoy ad revenue from it, instead of having it taken down.

I think it was on Wolfgang's site I read that they had acquired rights to the video from Bill Graham's co.
Bill Graham was the (now deceased) well known concert promoter, who evidently promoted Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit, & claimed rights to the video shot of the show, apparently.

Similarly, with my re-upload of the same video (after Neil Young's employees had the first one taken down), the one that's up now at my secondary yt channel, "The Music Vault" is shown as one of the copyright holders.
So, even though they have their own "official" upload of the video at yt now, they're still happy to tolerate mine & derive ad revenue from it.

Neil Young's gang's the problem, apparently. I don't see anything in the copyright holders list that suggests Neil's co. is among them. So, maybe the other copyright holders (including The Music Vault) have the upper hand, legally, but Neil's company may not be in agreement, & is griping, & when someone at that co. stumbled upon my Bridge School upload they may have decided to snipe at me from the sidelines, since I'm just an ordinary uploader-fan with no copyright to claim, & am easy to take down.

Supporting my theory The Music Vault & Neil are in disagreement over copyright is that in The Music Vault's Official upload,their video description mentions the date & place of the show. But conspicuous by its absence is any mention the set was part of Neil Young's Bridge School Benefit. There's no mention of that "N" word or of the Bridge School Benefit. Perhaps that's odd, unless there's bad blood there, which I suspect there is, & that I got caught in the middle of it.
Hermesacat

Postby Naskatew » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:22 am

Oop!! ;)
sbobet666
Naskatew

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Today I added to the boots list a CD-rip audio file of the Ghost Highway CD in lossless FLAC format.
You can DL it here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/5qoco72 ... broadcasts
It turns out it was not an official or legit release. The FMIC "label" that released the CD is described this way at Discogs site, QUOTE: "FMIC Profile: This label's releases aren't sanctioned by either the artists or their labels yet they have official distribution channels via the usual retailers (Amazon, etc.)." Since it's a bootleg, it's suitable for adding to the boots list here.

As Emma reported after listening to streamed portions of the CD (streams I was blocked from accessing in Canada) and comparing to the boots versions of the same broadcasts that had already been findable in the boots list here, my ears too don't discern a difference in audio quality between the CD and the boots versions findable earlier. But listeners can judge for themselves.

I didn't acquire the CD. Thanks go to this music blog site for recently sharing a FLAC file version taken from the CD: http://urbanaspirines.blogspot.ca/2017/ ... -2005.html

Tracks:
1. Flowers In December
2. Ride It On
3. Into Dust
4. Give You My Lovin’
5. Fade Into You
6. Halah
7. Ghost Highway
8. Blue Flower
9. Flowers In December
10.Bells Ring
11.Blue Flower
12.Halah
13.So Tonight That I Might See

1-8 Recorded The Metro Chicago 12th November 1994
9-13 Recorded at KROQ Los Angeles 10th December 1994
Hermesacat

Postby Gastoski_Kowalski » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:12 am

Excuse me for resuming the discussion, but the album "Ghost Highway"
is close to being reissued in a 2XLP purple vinyl edition
release date is November 13, 2020
even though I already have the CD
(which Discogs mysteriously calls Unofficial Release, as explained above)
I ordered on Rough Trade a copy (it's at £22,99)
I hope it pleases many fans
Greetings!
Gastoski_Kowalski

Previous

Return to General Discussion