Photos

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: Photos

Postby Hermesacat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:22 pm

A photo Hope posted to Mazzy Star's official FB page on June 20, 2017 along with a lengthy eulogy she wrote for the late Mazzy Star drummer Keith Mitchell (see the thread re. Keith Mitchell's death to read the eulogy).
Last edited by Hermesacat on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hermesacat

Postby drugstore » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 am

Here is a photo on Facebook I have never seen before.
drugstore

Postby drugstore » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:12 am

This one is posted on instagram.
drugstore

Postby drugstore » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:56 pm

This photo is found at a wedding photogragher's page. It was taken in Berkeley. The author didn't mention when it was taken. But I'll guess it is around the time Among My Swan out based on the dress and style.
drugstore

Postby drugstore » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Sorry I don't know how to adjust the photo to fit the size. Here is the link of the photo.

http://www.realgoodweddings.com/albums/ ... azzy-star/
drugstore

Postby Hermesacat » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Drugstore: Thanks for posting those 3 above photos. I recall you used to be a champ at finding & posting great pic finds. Glad to see you back in action! I re-posted your umbrella one to the popular FB fan Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/6071129794/ , crediting you for finding it. After I posted it, another member commented he'd seen the same pic, not at the wedding photographers site, but at a different site he linked to http://www.herzco.com/albums/from-the-archives/ that had another interesting Hope pic, one I don't think I've seen before, which I'l post below:
Last edited by Hermesacat on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Postby alas » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:38 am

And there was another pic from an instagram page that wasn't included above.

And another:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 6db5da.jpg

And in color: Image
alas

Postby Emma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:41 pm

drugstore wrote:This photo is found at a wedding photogragher's page. It was taken in Berkeley. The author didn't mention when it was taken. But I'll guess it is around the time Among My Swan out based on the dress and style

Thanks for sharing these photos. I had never seen the umbrella photo before.
As you wrote, this photo was probably taken during the Among My Swan period as the wedding photographer who took this photo and posted it to her web site is Beth Herzhaft. Beth Herzhaft is the photographer who took the photos you can see on the Among My Swan album sleeve or CD leaflet (with Hope, David, Will, Jill...). One of them looks a lot like the blurred B&W photo Hermesacat posted and was certainly taken during the same photo shooting session.

alas,
Thanks for posting the color version of the diner photo. I only knew the B&W version. Iconic picture! Probably one of the most frequently posted photos of Hope on Instagram.
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Emma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Hermesacat wrote:Here's a photo I've not seen before of Hope & Colm. It was posted to twitter by @1shineywater who is a musician, Nathan Shineywater (Nathan Peters). He tweeted it recently, adding this comment, QUOTE: "Friends Hope Sandoval, Colm O'Ciosoig & me Mr. Shineywater photo by R. Hughes". The pic looks likely some years old, not recent.

Cool photo!
Apparently, Hope and Colm worked with Nathan Sheneywater on several music projects. In 2010, they released a cassette with the track "All Moss Under The Sun" under the band name "Berry Shadows".
https://www.discogs.com/fr/Nathan-Shine ... se/2195650
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this track.

Colm also played the drums on Nathan's music project "Library of Sand". The instrumental tracks were initially released on a one-sided cassette in 2012, then remastered for CD in 2013.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_rLe463DFk
Colm's contribution to these tracks is described as "cosmic gusts on the drumkit". :)

Nathan Sheneywater also opened for Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions in California during their 2009 tour.
Emma
Site Admin

Postby Hermesacat » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Emma: Great research you did on Nathan Shineywater & his collabs with Colm & Hope. Thanks for that info.
I see the Discogs page you link to currently shows a copy of the Berry Shadows cassette for sale for $50.00 U.S.
a bit steep. Unless there's word somewhere Hope actually sings on the track it's appeal for me would be limited. She might just play tambourine or glockenspiel on it as she did on Le Volume Courbe's first album.

Btw, I'm shocked today to see Photobucket, the photo hosting site I've mostly used for embedding photos in threads here, has made good on their one day heads up warning I received from them yesterday by email that "3rd party hosting" (embedding pics in websites) will no longer be a free feature, & to continue it one will need to pay a stiff monthly fee of something over $30 a month. But I won't pay their ransom. Unfortunately, most of the photos I embedded in threads here are gone as of today, & I'll plan on reposting them using another hosting source.

[Later edit: I've found IMGUR photo hosting site offers easy free embedding that works here. This .free.fr site doesn't seem to like HTML codes for embedding. The method available to embed photos from Google Photos and some other sites involves using HTML code. But I couldn't get those to work here. Luckily, IMGUR also offers so-called "BB codes" for embedding, and those do work here. So, my task now is to replace all my embed links here from Photobucket that are now dead with new ones from IMGUR. This task may take a while to complete].

I notice Emma has also embedded some photos here using Photobucket but her Photobucket pics are still intact & viewable here so far. But they may send her a warning soon too. Or maybe they only target users who have reached a certain level of 3rd party hosting usage. They don't say so, but maybe I've reached their new threshold/limit, & Emma hasn't yet, so her pics are safe for now. Also, apparently, they're not cancelling the embedding service on exactly the same day for all customers. I read a post online that some users had received the warning a week ago, though I just received mine yesterday. I just deleted my Photobucket account after downloading them all. I had a lot of ones there I'd re-sized do they'd fit on threads here, & not get cut off. They asked me to type my reasons for cancelling. I was happy to explain, and add
"Go **** yourselves you ********." Ha.

Thanks go to drugstore & alas for their great recent photo posts above.
I'm dubious though about the colour diner photo being legit. I could be wrong, but it strikes me as perhaps a product of someone creatively colourizing a B&W photo. The colour doesn't look natural to my eyes, especially the skin tones. And for some reason, I have doubts Hope would have chosen to wear that colour top with that colour shorts - not her style, imo, but a photo-shopper might have thought it a good idea! Put me as "skeptical" on that one.
Hermesacat

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion