LIVE SHOWS (Mostly) RECORDINGS LIST w/download links

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: Bootlegs List with download links (Mazzy,Hope,Opal,etc.)

Postby Yaz_Rock » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:48 pm

No, I didn't meet any other tapers nor get anyone's business card. I recorded from the "2nd row," more or less dead-center. Thanks for spreading the tape, I'm glad it's being enjoyed by others!
Yaz_Rock

Postby Hermesacat » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Yaz_Rock: So, there must have been a bunch of tapers at the NYC show. Luckily your recording turned out well & got shared. I don't know where in the venue Scott was taping. It's a location in Terminal 5 he refers to as "the sweet spot" where he thinks the sound's especially good for recording. He thought your recording sounded like it might have been recorded from the same area partly due to the low volume on the audience applause on yours.

Yet another 2013 Mazzy show has turned up at Dime:
-Mazzy Star - 2013-11-23, Silver Spring, MD, FLAC,
which I've re-upped here:
http://www.filefactory.com/upload/resul ... zzujrq2093
In fact, two recordings by two different tapers of the same show were posted to Dime.
The one above is easily the best sounding, & is not plagued by loud talkers as the other one
unfortunately is in spots. This show was the last date of the band's 15-date Nov., 2013 tour.
They performed one song, "California", two days later, Nov. 25 on the TV show Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
Hermesacat

Postby Yaz_Rock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:40 am

I always try to be on the rail or as close as possible. I enjoy the show better, I can get better photos, and being in front of the crowd keeps the audience chatter on tape to minimum. I know that in some venues the front can be pretty muddy-sounding, but I thought Terminal 5 did a good job of making the show sound good up front.
Yaz_Rock

Postby Hermesacat » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:14 am

That's good you can be so close to the stage & still get a good sounding recording. Plus it reduces audience noise, as you mention, which is a bonus. In Seattle, I'd have preferred being even closer to the stage than I was but feared the quality of the recording might suffer. But maybe it would have turned out fine anyway as yours did, & I'd have gotten clearer views of the hard to discern, ghostly "Princess of Darkness"!
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:25 pm

To the boots list I've added DL links forum member MKBN generously posted in the thread entitled "Performance on Fallon" for his uploads for his VIDEO & audio files of :
Mazzy Star - 2013, Nov. 25 - "California" - TV performance, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

A note re.
-Mazzy Star - 1997-03-23, The Mint, L.A. :

Prior to Nov. 25, 2013, & maybe dating back as far as Jan. 2012 when magaupload file sharing site got shut down & a bunch of uploads on this list had to be re-upped, the DL link listed here for The Mint show linked to a bad file which was missing one song, "Rock Section". I can see from DL history at the file hosting site that some people DL-ed the bad file. Those whose copy of the file is missing Rock Section can DL a restored version of the show that includes Rock Section, here:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/502j6lmjntcd

The Mint show's a pretty good one, especially 'cause it includes lots of seldom-done-live songs & rarities, despite the fact the crowd is noisy with talkers. It was a Mazzy Star Boulevard site commenter who attended the show who reported that particular gig was a Capitol Records event with a number of bands on the label playing. The venue was reportedly full of Capitol Records label people who chattered loudly through the set (which, perhaps unsurprisingly, may suggest what record company people's typical attitudes towards their artists really are).
Hermesacat

Postby Robinbrevard » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Thanks to everyone for offering links to these cool shows.

I was disappointed to find the link for this one has been deleted:

Rain Parade 1984-09-18, Tropicana, Olympia WA

Any chance of a re-post? Fingers crossed...

Cheers.
Robinbrevard

Postby Hermesacat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:21 am

Robinbrevard:
Rain Parade, Tropicana, Olympia, WA, 1984 has been re-upped here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzgPlY ... sp=sharing
Too bad the prior upload to the 4shared site matched a copyright claim & got removed.
Hermesacat

Postby Robinbrevard » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Sweet! Thanks a bunch, Hermesacat.

:)
Robinbrevard

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Two new additions to the boots list:
-Mazzy Star, Nov. 7, 2013, The Wiltern Theater, L.A. (Audio).
http://www.filefactory.com/file/72xsxxonb4vr

Track Listing:
00 Intro
01 Look on Down From the Bridge
02 Cry Cry
03 In The Kingdom
04 Lay Myself Down
05 Ride It On
06 Does Someone Have Your Baby Now
07 Into Dust
08 She Hangs Brightly
09 Halah
10 Fade Into You
11 Blue Flower
12 Disappear
12a (first encore audience clapping)
13 California
14 So Tonight That I Might See
14a (second encore clapping)
15 I've Been Let Down

This recording's audio taken from a youtube upload (I converted youtube's AAC format to WAV, then to FLAC) by youtuber "z shad" that I earlier posted a link for in the youtube uploads thread - except for the very end of the last song & the crowd noise following. z shad's recording is missing the end, but mazzystar.free.fr Forum member "creek" kindly shared his recording & his has the show's ending. So, I added creek's ending.
I raised the volume on creek's section a little & fiddled with EQ to try to make it match closer to the sound of what comes before it but found I couldn't raise it very much without it starting to sound all distorted. So, when the audio switches over to creek's section near the end, it abruptly sounds quieter.

Otherwise, I used z shad's recording 'cause, of the two, it has the best audio quality, & creek's is missing a song, & a section. z shad's yt title is "Mazzy Star Live @ The Wiltern 2013 Entire Show". I contacted z shad & he said he was fine with my sharing an audio version. I'd hoped he might also share a best quality lossless audio file of his recording because youtube, although it sounds pretty good these days, is still lossy. But he never replied when asked re. a lossless version, so I took that as "no". He did reply though to a similar question someone left at his upload. His reply: QUOTE: "I don't know that the quality will get much better, this was recorded on my iPhone using voice recorder." For an iPhone recording, I'd say it turned out quite well if not quite as well as some other shows recorded with quality audio recorders.

I've included 8 photos in this folder from the L.A. show. Two are ones of The Wiltern's marquee I think I found online. The six onstage pics of Hope were taken by creek. They are frame captures from video he shot of the three song encore. With creek's permission, I upped his worthwhile video to yt, & am belatedly posting a DL link for it here.

-Mazzy Star, Nov. 7, 2013, The Wiltern Theatre, L.A., VIDEO, MP4:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/UfQgc1knba/M ... O_The.html
Video of the three song encore:
"California," "So Tonight That I Might See," & "I've Been Let Down."
The recording of the last song is partial. Thanks go to mazzystar.free.fr Forum member "creek"who generously shared his worthwhile video which he shot from near the stage. The last song especially has some nice clear images of Hope (the 2nd song also has some good shots) which is a feat to obtain as the "Princess of Darkness" does her best to stay hidden in the dark onstage. I already upped this video to youtube last November (check youtube thread in the Forum for a link), & am belatedly adding a DL link for it to this boots list.

I've included in this file six photos. Two are of The Wiltern's marquee I found online. The other six are frame captures of Hope onstage creek sent which were taken from his video.

I had some trouble with some media players on my laptop with Windows 8 trying to play MP4 videos like this, i.e. the sound came out poorly. But creek's video looks & sounds great on my computer using Apple Quick Time player.
ON AUDIO FORMATS:
I like the idea of maintaining quality of audio recordings by usually posting recordings to the boots list in the best quality I know of, lossless FLAC, where possible. And at the video descriptions at yt uploads I direct people interested to lossless FLAC versions of the same recordings they can DL. But some people may prefer other formats for their own use. There's a handy, free audio format converter I use & can recommend called "Freemake Audio Converter" allowing one to convert to any audio format. Freemake also offers a separate free Video (format) Converter, & a Video Downloader I also like to use.
Hermesacat

Re: BOOTLEGS LIST with download links (Mazzy,Hope,Opal,etc.)

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:28 am

Here's the November 19, 2013 Boston, Paradise Club show
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1nvqske5m9x9
It has serious technical problems. Half the songs (7) each have an audio drop-out (silent gap) lasting 10 seconds.
Ypu won't hear the silences as I've edited them out, but those seven songs do one-time jumps-ahead 10 seconds.
Also, the last encore song didn't get recorded. Other than those problems, the audio quality's generally quite good.
7 of the songs are complete without gaps.

Many thanks to Forum member jamband (Mark) for sharing CDRs of his recording so I could edit the files, & post a download link here. I've also upped the show to youtube here:
http://youtu.be/8HBwO8XuZks
Hermesacat

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion