LIVE SHOWS (Mostly) RECORDINGS LIST w/download links

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: BOOTLEGS LIST with download links (Mazzy,Hope,Opal,etc.)

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Added Oct. 29, 2017:

-Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions - 2017, Oct. 18, Philadelphia, Theatre of Living Arts
http://www.filefactory.com/file/11qetex ... elphia.zip
Very good quality recording site member Yaz_Rock (Rob Y. ) recorded and shared with me so I could further share it with fans here and elsewhere. Thank you Rob!

00 [Intro, band takes the stage]
01 Not All Our Tears [new song]
02 Salt Of The Sea
03 Around My Smile
04 Day Disguise
05 That Spider
06 Trouble
07 I Thought You'd Fall For Me
08 Suzanne
09 Into The Trees
10 Liquid Lady
11 Let Me Get There
12 Antiquity
13 Primitive (The Groupies/The Cramps Cover)

The song "Not All Our Tears" may be a new, original, unreleased song by the band as lyric searches of lyrics heard in it turn up no known songs.

"Primitive" was originally a 1966 single by The Groupies, later covered by The Cramps. I've not heard of Hope S&TWI ever performing the song before this 2017 tour.

Rob used good quality recording gear to record this show:
an Edirol R-09HR audio recorder and a Sony ECM-919 mic
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Added:
-Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions - 2017, Oct. 18, Berkeley, UC Theatre (MP3 @256kbps, same
audio quality as the source file): http://www.filefactory.com/file/1b5jrsb ... -10-17.zip
AUDIO recorded by yutuber Tom Scanlan which I am sharing via yt and elsewhere on his behalf. A good sounding phone recording. Thank you Tom!

00 - [INTRO, and Hope's "Hello] starts at 00:00
01 - Not All Our Tears [+ Hope speaks] 00:42
02 - Salt of The Sea 06:09
03 - Around My Smile [+Hope speaks] 10:37
04 - Sleep: [+ Hope speaks] 16:44
05 - Day Disguise 22:41
06 - That Spider 26:47
07 - Trouble 31:19
08 - I Thought I'd Fall For You 37:29
09 - Suzanne 43:00
10 - Liquid Lady 47:41
11 - Let Me Get There 53:24 [incomplete, a few minutes are missing in the middle of the song that wasn't recorded]
11a - 56:50 [Encore break - edited down to 1 min. from the original 3 mins.]
12 - The Hiking Song 57:51
13 - Into The Trees 1:02:44 [Hope introduces guest musician Michael Masley who joins the band on stage to play on this one song*]
14 - Primitive 1:12:01 [+ encore break at end that's been edited down, time-wise]
15 - Antiquity 1:17:38

*Michael Masley also played on the album version of the song "Into The Trees." He, Hope, & Colm are the only three musicians on that studio track. (See separate text file in this folder with more details re. the song and Masley's contribution).

"Not All Our Tears" may be a new, unreleased original song by the band as lyrics searches of lyrics heard in it turn up no known songs.

"Primitive" was originally a 1966 single by The Groupies, later covered by The Cramps. I've not heard of Hope S&TWI ever playing the song before this October, 2017 tour.

I lowered the volume of the between song crowd sounds significantly because the frequent shrill yelling between songs right near the recording mic in the original raw audio file was ear splitting. I identified all spots where Hope or Colm speak and left those at full volume. But you'll hear those full volume segments sometimes jump out suddenly from the lowered volume crowd noise, which may sound a little odd to the ears.

For those who may have a soft spot for "The Hiking Song" as I do: Most of the songs of this Berkeley set are songs the band (as far as I know) also played at every gig of this Oct., 2017 tour, the sets have been so similar. "The Hiking Song" is an exception. It got left out of sets at many shows. Of the five show recordings I have or expect to receive, only two have "The Hiking Song," Berkeley and L.A. Aside from some talkers at the beginning, Berkeley's has the best audio quality of the two.

"Why do you do the things you do?
Don't you see? Your concern is all on the ground
Let's take a hike up in the hills
It's high up, but what a thrill"

I can tell from thumb votes for HS&TWI songs I've upped to yt "The Hiking Song" is one of the less popular songs from 2016-17 HS&TWI releases, but I'm very fond of it! (Among newer songs played on this tour, "Liquid Lady" is the runaway favourite among youtube viewers, it seems).
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Added November 7, 2017:
Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions, Live, L.A., 2017-10-14, FULL SHOW, 15 SONGS, Fonda Theatre, RE-UPPED, IMPROVED version.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/4j5mq7e ... -10-14.zip
A slightly improved new version of the L.A. show replacing the one previously uploaded. This one adds three on-stage speaking segments from Hope that were missing from the prior upload. Site member "creek" (Kevin) recorded the L.A. show and shared his recording with me. From his recording I've used just the three short speaking segments that had been missing, and added them to the audio.

L.A. Show Song Listing:

00 [Intro, band takes the stage and Hope speaks to the audience: "Don't start with those phones (+...inaudible). Hi everybody"]
01 Not All Our Tears [new song]
02 Salt Of The Sea
03 Around My Smile
04 Sleep [Hope quits the stage less than two minutes into the song. So it wasn't performed in its entirety. When she returned she said "Too many sad songs," by way of explanation for her exit].
05 Day Disguise
06 That Spider
07 Trouble [+ Hope responds to audience members yelling out local place names by saying: "East Los in the house"].
08 I Thought You'd Fall For Me
09 Suzanne
10 Liquid Lady
(first encore):
11 The Hiking Song [+ Hope speaks saying re. her two back up singers: "Aren't these ladies amazing?"]
12 Into The Trees [+ Hope speaks after some audience members yell saying "Can't really hear what you guys are saying"]
13 Antiquity
(second encore):
14 Let Me Get There, [+ Hope speaks to the audience saying "The boys want to do one more, and that's it."And then: "You guys are really sweet." ]
15 Primitive (The Groupies/The Cramps Cover)
Thanks again to FB fan Group member Stacy Knutsen​ for sharing her own L.A. show recordings. 14 of the 15 song recordings here are hers. The other song is from William Magnolia​'s video he shot at the L.A. show and shared at the FB Group. Youtube: https://youtu.be/X8G0mg0q4UE
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:49 am

New addition:
Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions - 2017-10-21, BOSTON, FULL SHOW, 12 SONGS, Royale Boston.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/247ggpb ... Royale.zip

00 (Intro)
01 Not All Our Tears [+ "Hi Everybody" from Hope at the beginning]
02 Salt of the Sea
03 Around My Smile
04 Day Disguise
05 That Spider
06 Trouble [+ Hope Speaks: "Thank you for inviting me," etc.]
07 I Thought You'd Fall For Me
08 Suzanne
09 Into The Trees
10 Liquid Lady
10a (encore break)
11 Let Me Get There
12 Antiquity

"Not All Our Tears" may be a new, unreleased original song by the band as lyrics searches of lyrics heard in it
turn up no known songs.

Recorded by Mark Blair of the FB fan Group ("jamband" at this site). Thanks go to Mark for sharing his recording. He previously shared his 2013 Boston Mazzy Star recording. He recorded this 2017 show on his phone at a 256 kbps bit rate.This audio recording is 256 kbps MP3. The sound quality is good although Hope's voice is somewhat muffled and not as prominent in the mix as in some other 2017 show recordings.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 am

Mazzy Star - 1990-08-14, Cleveland.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/4ug7yhp ... veland.zip
FB fan Group member Ray Sferra recorded this show in 1990 & posted about it recently in the FB Group.
I'm sharing it on his behalf. 1990 Mazzy Star shows are scarce to begin with. Even scarcer are recordings with Mazzy Star songs I've never heard before, but Ray's recording has one such rare song.
I'll paste most of the text doc, from the folder here:

00 (Intro)
01 Be My Angel
02 Blue Flower
03 When You Were Young [unreleased]
04 Ghost Highway [+ Hope says "Thank you"]
05 She Hangs Brightly
06 Bells Ring
07 Halah
08 Candle [unreleased]
09 (unknown song. Likely an unreleased Mazzy Star original I'm dubbing "It's Over"
(we don't it's real title. I've dubbed it "It's Over" as a tentative title,
as that phrase repeats six times in the song
10 Walk in Dark [unreleased]
11 Give You My Lovin'
12 I'm Sailin'[Memphis Minnie cover, + Hope says "Thank you, good night"]
12a (Applause + MC speaks about Mazzy Star)

Facebook fan Group member Ray Sferra attended this 1990 show and made the original recording with
a Panasonic RQ-335 walkman-style cassette recorder. Thanks go to Ray for generously sharing his recording.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/6071129794/

The unreleased songs in this recording are also findable on some other 1990 show recordings - except for
one song. Song 09 here I've tentatively dubbed "It's Over" is one I've never before heard Mazzy Star or any
other artist do. The lyrics' theme and the style its written in is reminiscent of another unreleased
1990 Mazzy Star song the band played at this same gig, "Walk in Dark," which I assume Hope wrote,
which would suggest she likely wrote this song too. The vocal melody also sounds like something 1990
era Hope would have written, imo. Online searches of lyrics lines I can hear in the mystery song turn
up no known songs. Plus, Youtube's scanning computers ID-ed no copyright holders on the song:
More evidence it's likely an unreleased Mazzy Star original.

In the folder are photos all dating from 1990. Included is a photo scan of a handwritten 1990 playlist
Hope used on stage in Chicago. FB Group member Roman Tatus collected the set list from the stage
after the 1990 show and shared his photo of it at the Group site. It's significant because it helps identify
correct titles of a number of unreleased songs the band performed live in 1990. By cross-referencing lyrics
to titles found on Hope's set list, I was able to obtain correct song titles that were previously
missing to three of the four unreleased songs performed at this 1990 Cleveland show.

There's also a photo here of a CD liner from the "She Hangs Brightly" album signed by Hope for Ray Sferra at this
1990 Cleveland show. Here's Ray's account (he posted to the FB fan Group) of meeting Hope there, QUOTE:

"Here is a CD liner inside from She Hangs Brightly... The CD liner I had Hope sign at [the] Cleveland show, 8/14/90,
at a place called Babylon-a-Go-Go, which is in Cleveland's Ohio City neighborhood and was across
from the West Side Market. I could find no reference to that show online. I went early to that show hoping
to meet her and after a little wait there she was. It was just me and her for about two minutes. I remember
asking her about the lyrics for Blue Flower and she clarified some for me. I did ask for a picture, but she
said her manager doesn't allow them. She was really nice and a little shy..." (-Ray Sferra)

IT'S OVER (or what ever it's real title is. My attempted
lyrics transcription from this 1990 Cleveland show)

It makes us nervous
So what's the bother?
You hold a light when I walk you into town
It means it's over, while it's over
And I ain't someone to lonely my love
It's over, yeah it's over
You hold a rhythm
Two design
Kiss the future
As it takes you for a ride

All alone as I walk you down a path
Hold the night Babe, it's you and the past
Say goodnight, take goodbye
Walk and watch you, but you would rather show
Say goodbye, say goodbye

Your heart it spins
Just like a planet
You watch the tide go home-losin' high
Don't do pain, don't do pain

To watch the future, just ain't my style
What I was to gaze into your eyes
Which means it's over, life is over
I start to plan, is it known by now?
And you his hostage taker too, you
'Cause it's over, yeah it's over
Last edited by Hermesacat on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:09 am

Mazzy Star, 1993-11-14, Cleveland Heights, OH, The Grog Shop
http://www.filefactory.com/file/6tbfwjn ... 20Shop.zip

01 Mary of Silence
02 Ghost Highway
03 Rock Section (The Colours Out of Time/Skin Patrol cover)
04 Bells Ring
05 Halah
06 Give You My Lovin'
07 Ride It On
08 Flowers in December
09 Blue Light
10 Blue Flower (Slapp Happy cover)
11 So Tonight That I Might See
11a (Crowd + MC) The crowd waits, then the MC announces:
"Hey, we're sorry,but the band can't come back, it's too hot*.
We'll cancel now. We're very sorry. Thanks a lot."

*The temperature in the club was reportedly swelteringly hot.

Thanks go to Facebook fan Group member Ray Sferra who attended and recorded this show in 1993 and shared
his digital audio file he made from his cassette tape master. He used a Panasonic RQ-335 walkman-style
cassette recorder. https://www.facebook.com/groups/6071129794/
I'm sharing his recording further on his behalf.

Hope's voice sounded quite muffled on the source file, so I made some EQ adjustments to try to bring
her voice out more clearly. And I reduced the volume of crowd noise between songs.

Ray also found in library archives a press review of the show from 1993, and a venue print ad from
1993 that menitioned the show. He also took a 2017 photo of the building with the address where The Grog Shop club used to be in 1993. Copies of those are included in this folder, plus Ray's ticket stub from the show.

You may notice in the middle of one of the later songs where the taper had to interrupt recording to flip his tape.

Thanks go to Ray for also sharing the 1990 Cleveland Mazzy show he also recorded.
That one has a real rarity on it: a Mazzy Star song I'd not heard before.

Ray notes the club's stage in 1993 was located behind a window you see in the 2017 photo, the
one with the tree in front of it.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:00 am

Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions - 2017-10-15 VIDEO Joshua Tree, Desert Daze Fest,
(likely) Full Set, 8 songs.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/4lc9vlu ... 0songs.zip

01 Salt of The Sea, starts at 0:00
02 Around My Smile 4:10
03 That Spider 9:13
04 Trouble 13:22
05 Into The Trees 13:34
06 I Thought You'd Fall For Me 25:38
07 Liquid Lady 30:40
08 Antiquity 35:33

Total time: 41:28

This video was originally uploaded to youtube by youtuber "razorstarzz" as eight separate full song videos.
I've joined those eight clips together into one continous video, and have improved both image
and sound quality here, applying an image stabilization repair to make the video less wobbly/shaky,
and making EQ adjustments to improve the sound and bring Hope's voice out more clearly. Hope's voice is more muffled in the original audio. I also reduced the volume of crowd noise in between songs.

As of this writing, I haven't been able to 100% confirm the eight songs here comprise the full set tha band
played at this gig. The Desert Daze schedule shows a 55 minute on-stage slot scheduled for HS&TWI, Sunday,
Oct. 15, 2017, 7:45 to 8:40. But the video recording is just 41.5 minutes long, suggesting there might have been
time for the band to play more songs than eight. However, the original video uploader edited out most
of the between song time. Those edits represent song minutes removed from beteween songs. Plus the 55 minute slot may
have ended up including some set-up time.

Also, a review of the show included in this folder gives some clues indicating the video includes
both the first and last songs the band played which makes it likely the songs in the middle are all here too, intact. At the start of the video recording before the first song "Salt of The Sea"
Hope's heard saying to the crowd: "Glad you could make it." The reviewer quotes Hope as having said:
"Hi everyone. Glad you could make it." The recording didn't catch the "Hi everyone" part, a greeting Hope used
at other shows of the same tour only at the start of sets before the first song. This suggests "Salt of the Sea"
was first song of this set. Last song on the video, "Antiquity," shows Hope exiting the stage at the end suggesting
it was last song of their set. So, odds seem good, imo, these eight songs are the whole set the band played at this gig, and nothing's missing.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:16 am

Dec. 2, 2017, added:
Mazzy Star - 2017-11-30, San Francisco, Terra Gallery, Full set, 4 songs
http://www.filefactory.com/file/3twiqgs ... o%2CCA.zip
Mazzy Star played a rare one-off live set for a benefit for Esperanza Clinic
Excellent quality recording by Dime member Zongo, prepared & upped there by Kneesfudd

AUDIO recorded at Terra Gallery, SF at a special appearance by Mazzy Star at a benefit there for the Esperanza Clinic.

01 Lay Myself Down, starts at
02 Fade Into You
03 Look On Down From The Bridge
04 Bells Ring

The gallery had a mask exhibit. Proceeds of sales of masks went to benefit the clinic. In addition, Mazzy Star performed a short set in support of the community clinic, a clinic for HIV/AIDS patients.

This was Mazzy Star's first public performance since 2013-11-25 when the band played one song ("California") on the TV show "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" two days after the last concert of their 2013 tour: 2013-11-23, Silver Spring, MD.

Band line up: Hope Sandoval: vocals and tambourine, David Roback: guitar, Colm Ó Cíosóig: drums, Suki Ewers: keys and guitar, Paul Mitchell (Keith's son): bass and violin, Josh Yenne: steel guitar.

Thanks go to "Zongo" for attending and recording the show, and sharing it. And to "Kneesfudd" for preparing the audio file and sharing it via popular dimeadozen.org live show torrent sharing site.

My own tiny role was just in alerting the right Dime people of this barely advertised benefit gig. They made the recording happen and did the "work." I'm further sharing on their behalf via yt and elsewhere.

Zongo used a good quality audio recorder, a Sony PCM-M10.

Here's Zongo's interesting account he wrote of the show and venue, QUOTE: "The event was very very nice, in an art gallery, free and with appetizers & drinks. The space was about 200 feet long by 100 feet by about 30 feet high, with large pieces of painted art on all the walls, and a nice display of the masks made by the patients. There were about 150 people there, most of whom seemed to be
there for the clinic rather than for the music, although they certainly enjoyed the music when it happened. There was an excellent diversity of people, and many were dressed very nicely, even elegantly in many cases. As you came to the building you were ushered up a side path and then into the hall by someone opening the door for you, and inside you were greeted by the Clinica staff, who were totally welcoming and friendly. It sort of seemed like maybe an invitation event, as we were asked if we were invited when we came in, and we responded 'sort of' which seemed good enough. Mazzy Star played in one corner of the room. The space was pretty echoey, with concrete walls and ceilings and wooden floor, but the sound was pretty good where I was standing, with decent balance of the instruments."

I've included many photos from the event in the folder, most of which were found posted by Mazzy Star at their official FB page, here:
https://www.facebook.com/MazzyStarOffic ... 1965189196
I've also upped the set to my yt Channel, here: https://youtu.be/6xSc5druixc
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 pm

Added Dec. 12. 2017: Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions - 2017-10-24, WFUV, NYC radio studio 3-song live performance + Interview: http://www.filefactory.com/file/3jqyqd6 ... 202017.zip . Recorded from WFUV's site's audio stream. The only live radio or TV studio performance I know of of HS&TWI.

00 Intro
01 Suzanne
02 (Interview1)
03 Day Disguise
04 (Interview2)
05 Let Me Get There
06 (Interview3)

Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions completed a 10-date October U.S. tour
on Oct. 22, 2017 at Brooklyn, NYC (venue: Brooklyn Steel). Two days later,
they did this radio studio session in NYC.
I've upped a video (slide show) version of this recording to my youtube Channel,
here: https://youtu.be/4_nbKbkFMb4
In the "HS&TWI Interviews 2016-17" thread you'll find pasted the text transcript I typed up from the audio file of the interview.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Added Dec. 24. 2017:
Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions - 2017-10-08, Sonoma, CA, Gundlach Bundschu Winery, FLAC
http://www.filefactory.com/file/3hh2146 ... Sonoma.zip
First show of the HS&TWI Oct., 2017 tour. Thanks got to dimeadozen.org member "muchmusic" for recording and sharing this show there.

01 Not All Our Tears [+ Hope says: "Can we get these lights even lower? And can I get a cocktail? And hurry. It's a winery."]
02 Salt of the Sea [+ Hope sighs and says "goddess" (I think)]
03 Around My Smile
04 Sleep
05 Day Disguise [+Hope says "yeah play it" (I think)]
06 That Spider (false start) [+ Hope says: "The dust is changing everything"]
07 That Spider
06 Trouble
09 I Thought You'd Fall For Me
10 Suzanne (take 1) (stopped short) [+ after a loud screech of feedback, Hope says "Sorry" (I think)]
11 Suzanne (take 2) (They stop the song mid-way again)[+ Hope says (something inaudible) then, "Sorry, it doesn't sound right." Colm says "It sounds shit." Then Hope says "I think, I think we got a bit dusted. Do the next one instead...It sounds weird. I don't know what it is. Got dust in the brain...There's dust everywhere. There's dust on my glockenspiel, dust in my harmonica"]
12 Into the Trees
13 Liquid Lady (take 1) (ends mid-song, interrupted by power outage)
14 (technical problems break.The recording was edited by the person recording it to make the break shorter) [They apparently required quiet in order to fix the outage and sound. It sounds like Hope (without a mic)calling from the stage: "Colm!," and a bit later it sounds like Hope saying "Everybody be quiet!" Then a man explains: "Hey everybody, we're just re-booting the sound test, so give us five or ten minutes, and we'll be right back."]
15 Liquid Lady (take 2) [Before the song starts Hope says something like: "I'm gonna do (inaudible) again... 'Cause we've got those lovely people singing songs. It's so wonderful." Then one of her back up singers responds:"Who is lovely when we sing most? Hope"] [+ after the song Hope says "Thank you." And then: "Sorry about the power outage. Never invite a witch to your town."]
16 Antiquity
16a (encore break) [It sounds like Colm says "Oh yeah, we're gonna do one little quiet song to finish this." Later Hope says something like "I love (inaudible)"]
17 Let Me Get There [+ Hope says "I don't know what to do. The boys want to play one more...It's not an easy one... Dust in my teeth. Dust in my mouth. Dust in my boots"...(inaudible)...I need a whisky for this song....No, don't do that. It sounds like it's saying jokes (inaudible)...I'm almost friendly. And I don't want to be friendly.Okay, do this."]
18 Primitive (The Groupies/The Cramps cover)
The music playing in the venue after the show is Donovan's "Catch the Wind." Someone must have chosen that song as especially appropriate after the venue had been hit with a wind/dust storm during the show.

To better hear Hope's and Colm's on stage comments, I raised the volume of some of those segments.

Thanks go to FB Group member Jason Roberts for two video clips I used in the yt upload. Luz Gallardo took many of the photos.
I've also uploaded this show to youtube, here: https://youtu.be/BWqi8oIpeoo

-Excerpt from a radio interview Hope & Colm gave to WFUV, NYC, NPR station Oct. 24, 2017, two days after their October tour ended with a Brooklyn, NYC gig Oct. 22 [the full transcript + a link to the audio can be found at an interviews thread at this site: "...Interviews 2016-17"]. News broke the night of the Sonoma gig of out-of-control wildfires in the area. Hope & Colm talk about this Sonoma show & their frightening experience of their own tour bus being endangered by fires on a back road shortly after this show, QUOTE:

HOPE: We've had a pretty good time on the, on the tour
COLM: Yeah. It's been a crazy tour, you know. We had a sort of a baptism by fire, kind of thing
WFUV: Oh my God, I know, I heard about that, the wildfires
COLM: Yeah, yeah. So it was a close call, yeah. We were getting prepared there, prepared to run off the bus and leave, and jump the bus
HOPE: Yeah
COLM: Because the only way out was to reverse, so we were reversing this tour bus down a country road with a trailer on it that was wobbling from side to side. And we could see the flames just chasing us
HOPE: On each side of the road
WFUV: What?
HOPE: And we didn't know that there were fires. We played the show
WFUV: This was in wine country
COLM: Yeah,yeah, Sonoma
HOPE: Mm hm, Sonoma, yeah
WFUV: Uh huh
HOPE: And we played the show and nobody said anything. But there was a crazy wind storm
COLM: Mm
HOPE: I mean to the point that you could not see anything
COLM: Yeah
HOPE: That's how bad it was
COLM: Dust was everywhere. I had beaches on my drum kit. I was looking at my cymbal and was"Yeah, there's a beach there," and it's moving around. and there's a beach on my tongue [laughs]
HOPE: Sand, yeah. My glockenspiel was full of dust, my harmonica. I mean it was, it was crazy
COLM: Yeah, barn doors were banging. It was just crazy, really
HOPE: [laughs] But it was sort of cool.
COLM: Yeah, it was cool, yeah
HOPE: It was like a haunting experience
COLM: Yeah, it was like the witches are out to play tonight, you know. It was wild.
HOPE: But we didn't know about the fires until we were in our bus. I was already asleep in my bunk, and the tour manager came over to my bunk and said "Get up, get dressed, and get ready to run off the bus. There's fires."
COLM: Hm
HOPE: I just thought, "oh no." I mean, I wasn't surprised, but it was so scary
COLM: Mm
WFUV: What a way to start a tour
COLM: Yeah
WFUV: Wow. Well, thankfully, you guys got out of that, um, unscathed
COLM: Mm, yeah, we were traumatized for, you know, a few days [laughs]
WFUV: I bet you were. Came within inches, right?
COLM: Mm, Yeah, yeah
HOPE: Yeah, and so many people lost their homes and I mean it's just terrible
COLM: A lot of them died as well. It was a narrow escape 'cause as we, we turned around, we managed to find a drive way. Our tour manager was-, he ran back and he found a driveway. We reversed into the driveway, then turned around. But as, as we turned around, we drove by a, a police car that had-, was crushed by a tree that had fallen down. We had to, to scrape the bus past this fallen tree with who knows, you know what happened to that policeman
in that car, you know. Yes, pretty, pretty harrowing
WFUV: Yeah, yeah you think touring is a glamorous life, but man [laughs]
COLM: Yeah. Yeah, yeah
https://youtu.be/BWqi8oIpeoo
Hermesacat

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion