LIVE SHOWS (Mostly) RECORDINGS LIST w/download links

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: BOOTLEGS LIST with download links (Mazzy,Hope,Opal,etc.)

Postby hanwaker » Tue May 27, 2014 5:28 pm

@yussuf
re
FLAC size

the size of the flac depends on the following criterias
and we assume we are only talking 16-44 !

- the volume of the recording
a rather loud recording will produce a bigger file
say you record AC/DC for 2 minutes and then you record Neil Young solo acoustic for 2 min
the AC/DC file will be much bigger

the compression level choosen for flac
highest level 8 will produce the smallest file but will take longer in comp-decomp

2 different recordings have to result in different file sizes

hope that explains it..---

QUESTION which full concert did you find on mega ?
hanwaker

Postby Hermesacat » Tue May 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Re. Blue Flower from Primavera. Sorry my upload to GDrive was set to "Private" in error when it should have been set to "anyone who has the link" can DL it. GDrive sent me a request from Uli for access which is what tipped me off something was wrong. It's fixed now.

In addition to Uli's explanation re. sizes of the two different Woody's show FLAC files:
The larger of the two Woody's files you mention was upped to DIME by a different uploader at least a few years back, originally. It's from Scott's recording but is at least one cassette tape generation away from the original master. The file listed here in the boots list now is one I upped to DIME last year. It's the one from Scott's original master tape.I've been uploading on his behalf FLACs of his five original 1990s Mazzy recordings.

I don't know any details about the process he used to rip the audio from his cassette masters. All I know is
he sent me single WAV files which I made individual song files from using Audacity software, then converted WAV to FLAC using the format converter that comes with my Winamp player. I too was surprised at the smallish size of the resulting FLAC file. I'm wondering, was the seemingly small end size of the FLAC file due to Scott's ripping process (vs. that of the other uploader's. Ripped at a lower volume by Scott, maybe?), & resulting (smallish?) WAV file, or due to Winamp's conversion process, or some combination of the two?

Uli: The mega site upload Yucef refers to is a new, additional upload of the Woody's file I made because he was having problems with the File Factory one.
Last edited by Hermesacat on Sat May 31, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Postby Yucef » Wed May 28, 2014 2:01 am

Yup Yup, the Mega upload's Woody's.

Maybe I'm odd, I've been listening to Mazzy Star for 20 years now (on and off) but every concert I listen to it's like hearing them for the very fist time all over again, just awesome! :mrgreen:

And thanks for the info on flac files guys, I'd never have thought that the filesize could be amplitude-related, always thought it was just a matter of quality, thanks for enlightening me.

Best regards,

Joe
Yucef

Postby hanwaker » Thu May 29, 2014 2:41 pm

@hermescat
the tools you use are somewhat archaic
3 simple things should be on any computer that is used for audio-projects

audacity---- to raise volume or cut out parts
traders little helper-- for anything you want to convert and to create checksums and torrents
cdwave -- to track your unsplit wav-file

these are the ones recommended by lets say 85% of audiophiles
hanwaker

Postby Hermesacat » Thu May 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Hope Sandoval - Collaborations compilation, FLAC:
https://mega.co.nz/#!yQVGSC4I!A4vIQboOH ... 9MAYEmhebc

This new file replaces prior ones listed that had MP3 versions of songs.
I've been wanting to upgrade the Hope Collaborations compilation from MP3 to lossless FLAC where possible. hanwaker recently provided FLACs of seven of those songs, & I succeeded in locating FLACs of two more. There are ten songs in the file. All are lossless now except track 10, "Not At All." It too is in FLAC format but the FLAC file was made from a lossy AAC audio file, AAC being youtube's standard audio format. So, it's not actually lossless. As far as I know, as of this writing the youtube version of the song this recording's from is the only one yet available. The forthcoming Dirt Blue Gene album "Watergrasshill" that's supposed to include the song "Not At All" is still unreleased.

The file contains songs Hope collaborated on with other artists over a 19 year period, 1994 to 2013. She sings on all songs & co-wrote at least four: "All This Remains," "Killing Smile," "Help Yourself," & "Paradise Circus." I haven't seen writing credits for "Not At All," but to my ears it sounds like Hope's style of melody & lyrics.

Hope's also credited as appearing on two songs by Le Volume Courbe, "Harmony," & "Papillon de Nuit." She plays glockenspiel on them, apparently. As Hope doesn't sing on them those two songs aren't included here.

01 Sometimes Always, w. The Jesus & Mary Chain, 1994
02 Perfume, w. The Jesus & Mary Chain, 1998
03 Asleep From Day, w. The Chemical Brothers, 1999
04 All This Remains, w. Bert Jansch, 2002
05 Killing Smile, w. Death in Vegas, 2002
06 Help Yourself, w. Death in Vegas, 2002
07 Angels' Share, w. Vetiver, 2004
08 Cherry Blossom Girl, w. Air, 2004
09 Paradise Circus, w. Massive Attack, 2010
10 Not At All, w. Dirt Blue Gene, 2013

Uli: Thanks also for tips re. audio recordings. Trader's Little Helper I use to create torrents but didn't notice it comes with a format converter too. cdwave I've not used. If it's easier to use than Audacity for tracking live show files I should check it out.
Hermesacat

Postby hanwaker » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Hermesacat wrote:
Uli: Thanks also for tips re. audio recordings. Trader's Little Helper I use to create torrents but didn't notice it comes with a format converter too. cdwave I've not used. If it's easier to use than Audacity for tracking live show files I should check it out.

well
-- TLH will allow you to have the SBE's* corrected while you convert from wav to flac
-- cdwave is much simpler to use for tracking than audacity..once you get cdwave working you will never go back to audacity for tracking

>* SBE what is it ?
read here
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/arc ... -2422.html
hanwaker

Postby Sorcerer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Nice to see the list back up.

Sorry about the site I had running real life got in the way, an after going to the site one day and they had deleted the site I just decided not to re-upload it.

I still have the .tk domain names and if I can ever find time I am still thinking of buying a new Top level Domain name.

But that is something I have to really think about, Hermesacat I haven't had time to really look for any new stuff but I am downloading all the new stuff you have uploaded.

I will soon be burning the whole 20+ gigs of bootlegs and 20 + gigs of Videos and other Stuff I have on one of my Externals to DVD to make sure I never lose them.

If You need help re-uploading anything let me know, I will be going through my backups soon and cleaning up the folders there in. Right now there all over the place in the main folder I have them in.

Any Ways Nice to finally Find Your List Again and get find that there are now new bootlegs I was missing.
Sorcerer

Postby Sorcerer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Noticed that Mazzy Star - 2012-04-11 - Regency Ballroom, San Francisco MP3 link was Dead so I am currently re-uploading it will edit post when it is done

Code: Select all
https://mega.co.nz/#!ZRU1WKSL!inKqVv1jqhBBVE8JWBsEfik1q3iP0leEBf9EUDEgNXo

Mazzy Star 1993-10-21, Manchester, Students union,University of Manchester link is not working keeps saying server is overloaded.

I am currently working on a new clean list that I will be putting online all links are from this post for now I have archived the list and it is available here
http://mazzystar.000space.com/bootlegs/
Last edited by Sorcerer on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorcerer

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:24 am

Mazzy Star November 15, 1993 Lounge Ax, Chicago (Flac) did not see this one on the list

https://mega.co.nz/#!MFlVUJCI!_BA5-jqqj8LLD_31tbc-nMq0ruAbWacXLCAOkKnHtzo
I got it from dime a while ago.

Hermesacat you can add it to the list if you already don't have it
Sorcerer

Postby Sorcerer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Hermesacat Could you please re-upload the Mazzy Star - 1993-10-21, Manchester, Students union,University of Manchester File Filefactory keeps saying Server Maintenance this usually means they deleted the file or lost it.

I had a problem with my Hard Drive that had my backups on them got 98% of them off the Hard Drive after hours of work. But that is one I am missing and I need it soon so I can get my Backups recorded to DVD so I don't have to worry about losing them on the Hard Drive.

Thanks Sorcerer:-)
Sorcerer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion