LIVE SHOWS (Mostly) RECORDINGS LIST w/download links

General discussion about Mazzy Star

Re: LIVE SHOWS (Mostly) RECORDINGS LIST w/download links

Postby Hermesacat » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:41 am

Added:
-Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions, 2002, August 26, NYC, Bowery Ballroom
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z_jvTS ... share_link
Recording previously shared via dimeadozen.org by Dime member vacantrush.
Quality is only fair. There are audience voices close to the mic, not continually, but repeatedly many times through the show. Also, there is some distortion on the sound in many places. I don't know if it's due to the recording device, or the venue's sound system, or both. See page 19 in this same thread for set list and info.

1. (intro)
2. On the Low
3. Clear Day
4. Charlotte
5. Butterfly Mornings
6. Friends of a Smile
7. Bavarian Fruit Bread
8. Drop
9. Silver and Gold
10. Around My Smile
11. Lose Me On the Way
12. Suzanne
13. Louise [Acetone cover]
14. Play With Fire [The Rolling Stones cover]
Last edited by Hermesacat on Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:07 pm

ADDED Dec. 10, 2023:

Mazzy Star Bridge School Benefit pro-shot live video, October 1, 1994,
Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA., 22 minutes, MP4 format
[Note: Video of Mazzy Star's second-day set from the same weekend benefit event,
Oct. 2, 1994 has been available for many years, already. This first-day set, Oct. 1,
has been the elusive, unavailable one]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1blnNLU ... sp=sharing

Set:
1)Ride It On
2)Flowers in December
3)Into Dust
4)Leaving on a Train
5)Fade Into You

[-4) Leaving on a Train is an unreleased song Mazzy Star played live many times in the 1990s, but they never put out a studio version of it]

Band Lineup:
David Roback: guitar
Hope Sandoval: vocals
Suki Ewers: second guitar
Jill Emery: bass
Will Glenn (a.k.a. Will Cooper): vielle (similar to a violin)
Keith Mitchell: drums and percussion

In a Facebook fan group in 2016, Mazzy Star's drummer, Keith Mitchell, left these comments re. Mazzy Star playing the two days, Oct. 1 and 2, 1994 of Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit, QUOTE:

"What a great weekend! I got to play conga drum with Neil Young, Crazy Horse
and Pearl Jam on the second night's encore. We visited Neil's house the night before." (-Keith Mitchell)

Mazzy Star played a similar 5-song set on the second day, Oct. 2, 1994 with four out
of five songs being the same. The one song that's different is Halah is played on Oct. 2 instead of Into Dust (Oct.1).

I've seen a couple of traders' bootleg lists dating from the late 1990s that list videos available of
both the October 1st and 2nd, 1994 Mazzy Star sets. Pro-shot video of Mazzy Star's second day set from
Oct. 2 has long been available for download via the live shows downloads list at the mazzystar.free.fr site
and has also been findable at you tube for many years. The Oct. 1 set has been the set difficult to find.

In 2023, someone (who prefers anonymity) learned the October 1, 1994 day-1 performances of Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit, including Mazzy Star, were streamable at Neil Young's Archives site for $10 per view. That someone informed David Morgan ("opalstardream" is David's you tube channel name, and his member name at the mazzystar.free.fr fan site).
David recorded the Oct. 1 Mazzy Star set stream with a video capture program, and shared his file of it with me.

David attempted to upload the video to his opalstardream yt channel but a copyright claimant blocked yt from allowing it up. That's a reason I'm sharing it via the mazzystar.free.fr site, so fans can access it easily.

Thanks go to David for helping make this video available to fans.

A significant difference between the Oct. 1 and 2 sets is Oct. 1 is a night time set with stage lighting, while
the Oct. 2 one is a day time set shot outside in full light of day. It makes for two different visual experiences
and atmospheres. Also, the audience is more in evidence in the Oct. 2 day time set,
with a lot more shots showing audience members.

The folder I've uploaded includes the video, plus two photos by Neal Preston of Hope on stage from the Oct. 1 set, plus a photo of a poster for the 1994 benefit signed by many artists who played it,
including some Mazzy Star band members. The signed poster was on display at one of the later year Bridge School Benefit events. Someone who attended took the photo of it.
Hermesacat

Postby Hermesacat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:30 am

April 22, 2024 - Some BAD NEWS. Many of the DL links here are now dead and will need replacing. Many of the links listed had been uploaded to mega.nz file hosting site. I learned today Mega has deleted all my uploads there except one they left alone. It was because I was "inactive" at the site for too long, apparently. I hadn't logged in for too long a period, I think was the problem. They didn't delete my account, only my data I'd uploaded.
As a test, I re-uploaded one of the deleted Mazzy Star files today and it worked. So, that one has been replaced as of today. It is: -Mazzy Star - 1990-08-08 - Live at Woody's NYC , FLAC, the first show listed on the main DL list below. The one that appears second on the list below, Mazzy Star at Club Lingerie, LA, Aug. 25, 1990 has an intact link. It's the single one Mega did not delete. The first two mega links that appear on the list are the only two Mega listings that work, as of today. I will gradually replace all the Mega ones (the google drive ones all remain fine) in the same order as they appear on the list. A positive aspect to this setback is it gives me the motivation to update contents before re-uploading.Some is outdated by now. For instance, today before re-uploading the Woody's 1990 show, I added two photos to the folder and updated the text's info about song titles.
Hermesacat

Previous

Return to General Discussion